If your whole family has been stuck at home for months on end because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you might be getting on each others’ last nerves. As a parent, working from home while caring for your kids might be making your stress levels skyrocket, tempting you to turn to unhealthy habits. With the activities from Rainy Day Sunny Play and the resources below, you’ll be able to banish household tensions and boost your well-being.
Looking for fun, family-friendly activities that will support your kids’ healthy development? Rainy Day Sunny Play has plenty of suggestions! Check out our blog for endless exciting ideas.
***Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, and if you decide to purchase anything from suggested links or companies, I may receive a commission. Recommended products are either things I love using or think would be helpful for you. Making your purchase using these affiliate links helps keep this site running, so thank you kindly!
Boost Your Physical Health
All of this stress can cause your physical health to suffer. Here are a few simple strategies to help you feel your best.
● You don’t have to pour a glass of wine at the end of a long day – check out these tips for reducing alcohol consumption.
● Reaching for sugary or salty snacks? Replace them with these healthy options instead.
Protect Your Mental Health
Has the pandemic left you struggling with your mental health? These resources will help you kick your anxiety.
● If you’re working from home, set reasonable boundaries with your kids – you can both afford to give each other a little space!
● Does your boss limit your downtime by expecting you to answer emails at all hours? Contact them to establish some new ground rules.
● Doing yoga with your kids can help everyone in the household find their zen.
● Once your kids have gone to bed, you can try meditating before you fall asleep.
Ask for Help
You don’t have to handle all of the pressures of this pandemic alone – it’s okay to ask for help!
● There’s no shame in talking to a therapist, and you can set up appointments online or over the phone.
● You can hire a virtual assistant to assist you with your professional obligations.
● Is helping your child with remote schooling too much for you to take on? Look into finding a tutor for your child.
The COVID-19 pandemic may have left you frazzled, but it’s never too late to make some positive changes in your household. With these tips, you’ll find a way to enjoy some peace and quiet during this tumultuous time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Daniel Sherwin considers raising his 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son both an adventure and a blessing. He created Dadsolo.com to provide other single dads/parents with information and resources to help them better equip themselves on the journey to parenthood.