SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD: Most Inspirational Parenting Blogs
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition award that connects bloggers who have inspirational sites. I only launched Rainy Day Sunny Play six months ago, so receiving a nomination for the award from Ashley at Happy Homeschool Mum was such a wonderful surprise! I feel humbled and grateful, but also motivated to know that people are connecting with what I write about.
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES
✓ THANK THE BLOGGER WHO NOMINATED YOU IN A BLOG POST AND LINK BACK TO THEIR BLOG.
THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH, Happy Homeschool Mum!
***Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, and if you decide to purchase anything from suggested links or companies, I may receive a commission. Recommended products are either things I love using or think would be helpful for you. Making your purchase using these affiliate links helps keep this site running, so thank you kindly!
✓ ANSWER THE 11 QUESTIONS THE BLOGGER ASKED YOU.
- Who is your favorite Author? – Paulo Coelho because he inspired me to always “follow the signs.”
- What are words you live your life by? – “This, too, shall pass.” and “Carpe Diem.”
- What advice do you have for busy mothers (or parents) to stay healthy? – Prioritize your health and well-being (both physical and mental).
- What is something you are passionate about? – Connecting with like-minded people, Holistic Education, Art-making, Natural Parenting and Traveling.
- How do you cope with stress? – Mindfulness, Meditation, Creative Activities and Walks in Nature.
- What is one thing in the world you would change? – EDUCATION!
- Who is the most influential person in your life? – Adèle 🙂
- What is your favorite recipe? – Hot chocolate and here is the recipe:
* Milk of your choice
* Raw Cacao
* Nut Butter of your choice
* Cinnamon, Cardamon, Clove (optional)
* Mix everything but raw cacao together and heat until very warm, but NOT boiling.
* Stir in raw cacao.
* Enjoy 🙂
- What is your favorite quote? – “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new sights, but in looking with new eyes.” – Marcel Proust.
- What is your favorite piece of parenting advice that works? – Do not use screens for entertainment and you will see a dramatic improvement in all areas of your parenting and life!
- Do you have a favorite parenting book?
- How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way by Tim Seldin – This one is a great reference that guides you through the Montessori phylosophy and activities in a very simple to understand way.
- Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers – Dr. Gabor Mate is an excellent writer with a very unique outlook on parenting. Also, check out his other books on the real cause and cures of AD(H)D.
- Understanding the Human Being: The Importance of the First Three Years of Life by Silvana Quattrocchi Montanaro – Our brains grow the most in the first three years of our lives, so knowing how to encourage healthier brain development is one of the best things you can do for your child.
My husband also really likes Be Prepared by Gary Greenberg and Jeannie Hayden for its humor and simplicity. It definitely helped him feel more prepared for the new role of parenthood.
✓ NOMINATE 11+ NEW BLOGS TO RECEIVE THE AWARD.
- Kylie at www.HowWeMontessori.com – Kylie’s site is the complete, go-to, world-wide Montessori resource. It was the first parenting blog I started following while pregnant and it’s the site that inspired me to start blogging! I love how it’s structured by age so that you can always easily find age-appropriate Montessori resources. And it also saves so much time because Kylie finds the best Montessori-friendly products to choose from.
- Susan at www.MomsStrollerReviews.com – Susan gave me invaluable advice about blogging before I even got started. She is a stroller (pram) expert, so check out her page if you are looking for one!
- Lacey at www.naturallymodernlife.com – I took Lacey blogging crash course which got my blog up and running. So, if not for her help, you would not be reading this now! Among other things, Lacey blogs about zero-waste living and her site is full of beautiful photography.
- Jessica at www.CollectMakeExplore.com – Jessica blogs about all the different creative ways in which you can connect with nature.
- Jean at www.ArtfulParent.com – This blog is full of simple art & craft ideas for the entire family.
- Kelly at www.KellyMom.com – THE bible for ALL breastfeeding questions. I have referred to this site on multitudes of occasions throughout my breastfeeding journey and it has allowed me to continue breastfeeding even through most challenging situation. For that, I am eternally grateful.
- Kate at www.KateSurfs.com – This blog is about Aware Parenting and Kate is also an expert on Elimination Communication!
- Anna at www.TheImaginationTree.com – Anna is a fellow early childhood educator and shares creative craft activities for kids of all ages.
- Heather at www.MommyPotamus.com – This site is my favorite blog for resources on natural beauty and health, DIY natural products and recipes.
- Meri at www.MeriCherry.com – Another great reference blog for art and craft projects.
- Micaela at www.MindfulMomma.com – Micaela blogs about non-toxic beauty products, natural living and healthy food.
- Pragya at www.TheArtTiffin.co.uk – Pragya writes about creativity, mental health and vegan, eco-friendly art products. She also sells Art Tiffin Box subscriptions to inspire creativity.
✓ WRITE 11 NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOUR NOMINEES.
- What is your favorite creative activity with kids?
- Who do you look up to / who inspires you and why?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What was the biggest struggle you have overcome?
- What does your ideal school look like?
- What is your greatest parenting challenge?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
- How Much time do you spend outdoors on daily basis?
- When and how did you decide to start a blog?
- Why do you continue to blog?
✓ LIST THE RULES AND DISPLAY THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD LOGO ON YOUR POST AND/OR YOUR BLOG.
I can’t wait to read the answers from my favorite bloggers and hope they’ll enjoy reading their blogs as much as I do! Thank you again, Happy Homeschool Mum, for nominating Rainy Day Sunny Play for the Sunshine Blogger Award!